AFTCENTER is a FAA approved part 141 school.
We are also approved by SEVIS and can issue I-20's for international students.
As an International student, these are the steps to follow to ensure a smooth experience in arriving into the USA.
1. Contact your flight school Representative (AFTCenter). Go over all the pricing and detail about your Flight Training with you.
2. Request the I-20 application form and school agreement form.
3. In order to issue the I-20, you have to provide your financial documents to prove available funding to the school for your training and housing.
4. After the I-20 is issued, AFTC will mail the original copy to your home country.
5. Once you receive the I-20, make an appointment at the USA Embassy for an interview. (the Embassy will issue you a M-1 visa). Inform AFTC as soon as you complete your interview.
6. After you receive your M-1 visa, apply for the TSA(Transportation Security Administration) check and fingerprinting. (Please apply for your TSA right after your interview, it may take up to 2 months to get approved, Fingerprints will be done in the United States.)
7. Book a ticket, and Welcome to the United States
Your flight training will begin 14 days after your arrival. This will give you sufficient time to recover from your traveling and allow us to complete all government paperwork with you.
For all questions related to your I-20 or Visa please contact our school officer Wenhao@aftcenter.com.